Friday, May 23, 2008

You could bring the DVD player to us...

What a day!

There are lots of things to do right here on the resort. The kids love just hanging by the pool.

Yesterday, I'd gotten a couple movies from Hank's, the rental place. Since we're with a DVC member, we didn't have to pay.

Gram had babysat for us last night, so the movies were supposed to help. Unfortunately, the DVD player totally blitzed out within seconds of the first movie going in!

So today, I called Hank's because the DVD's were due back at noon. After explaining that one of the DVD's was stuck in a non-responsive DVD player, the cast member said, "No problem, you can just bring us the DVD player."

Excuse me?

It's a 10-15 minute walk to the center. The better part of a mile. And have we mentioned, Florida's HOT.

I was not about to hike over with a DVD player.

Fortunately, after checking with someone, he did give the option of me calling housekeeping and having someone come over to look at the player.

I took the prize behind Door #2. The guy came and "fixed" it be simply unplugging it and plugging it back in.

The funny thing is that I'd told Sofie we could go back to the Dumbo ride after the DVD player was fixed. So she took a nap. And boy was she out! I tried waking her 2-3 times between 1:30 and 3. Nothing got her up.

So I took a nap too. It was wonderful!

She finally woke up around 4:30. Completely refreshed.

By then it was pouring. One of those Florida thunderstorms. There was no way i was returning the DVD's then. So we still have them. Hope there's no late fee!

No comments: