Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 1

As we were getting ready for bed last night, and as I checked our boarding passes one more time, it registered that we were leaving an hour earlier than I had in my mind. EEEKS. So the alarms were set for 2:00 (Marc) and 2:20am (mine, which I forgot to turn on).

Waking the kids was very easy. Sofia simply rolled over and said "Thank you". Caleb said, I think I just fell asleep (that was about how I slept, too). And by the time I got to Anna she had heard the noise and was almost ready to smile.

Peaceful leaving the house and a peaceful trip down the interstate. Kids made up a cool game of movie quotes, putting their knack for remembering quotations and voices to good use.

Got to the airport in Portland, at which point I realized I had forgotten my pocketbook - with my ID, credit cards, mine, Anna, and Calebs prescrip sunglasses, and camera. I did have the boarding passes in my carryon bag.

So after I emptied my bladder and everyone else emptied their bladder, we set out to see what could be done. Our jetblue agent was going to help me get on without ID, but we have a friend who works for TSA that we ran into who strongly advised we try to make other plans and that I go get my ID.

SO, Marc and the kids are flying together on our original flights, and I'll be catching another one in a couple hours out of Portland. I've been to and from Waterville, have my ID, have checked through security, bought a coffee, joined Boingo so I can surf the web in the airport, and found out that I will be able to make an actual book of this blog when our vacation is over.

The goal will be to upload pictures and at least brief updates daily, so that our family and friends can keep up with us.

I hope you enjoy it, and that we have fun doing it as a family.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a story, Em! I bet the Lord knew you needed some time to be with Him before being with the family in Florida! Have a great time!

I look forward to reading the posts and seeing the pics.

Blessings and love,
Elisa