Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 3

Day 2 (Wednesday, aka Anna's 6th birthday) was packed! (We just got internet access from the room last night, so we will be playing catch up on pictures and writing.)

Everybody was awake EARLY! Because we haven't gone grocery shopping yet, we ate at Olivia's restaurant on the campus. Yummy fresh fruit and Mickey Mouse shaped waffles.

From there we went to the Magical Kingdom. Anna got to choose where we would spend the morning and I was glad that she chose what I think might be my favorite spot.

In the Kingdom we: rode the train, went on Splash Mountain (we were in first two seats) and got TOTALLY soaked, were making our way to FantasyLand and got waylaid by Woody's roundup which I got to actually participate in, went on the Small World ride, Dumbo ride, Peter Pan ride, up to Goofy's Barnstormer. Lunch time. Then off to Speedway (Grammy and Caleb went twice), and the girls and I went to the Mad Tea Party.

Time to rest. Back to rooms, nap until 5. Up and off to EPCOT. Spaceship Earth ride, Marc and Caleb played a video game on the floor that was about using more efficient electricity, Marc and Caleb went on the Test Track, while Grammy, the girls and I went to a butterfly garden, played on a playground, and sat and enjoyed the music and crowds.

Then it was time for the birthday dinner, so we made our way over to Norway in the world pavilion of EPCOT, met up with the boys, and had dinner at Akershus. The girls got pictures with five princesses. Immediately after dinner, we went outside and watched the fireworks show. Big smiles. Noisy, bright, spectacular.

A late night, we stumbled home and were all quickly asleep, dreaming many different dreams.

After I post photo albums, I hope to get some more reflective writing done, and from everyone in the family, but for now, while I have memories in my head, I am getting down as many details as I can.

No comments: