Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 4: A morning in the Animal Kingdom

Grampa came last night. Boy were the kids surprised!

I just love seeing the joy on their faces.

Today we went to his favorite park: Animal Kingdom.

It was a fun, hot, day. And another day of being grateful that we didn't have to pack-it-all-in-today-because-we-might-never-be-back. It's awful watching families get so frutrated and angry with each other while they're "having fun at Disney."

And we would've missed the cool animals at the front held by cast members. One cast member was great at interacting with the kids as the looked at a centipede and learned it was an exoskeloton, etc. (Can we call this a school day?) She encouraged us to go see the snakes in jungle trek. (I warned the kids to not speak parseltongue!)

So today, we went on Expedition Everest, a roller coaster that goes frontwards and backwards and tangles with a Yeti! (Cale opted not to join us.)

Em, Sofie, Anna, Cale, and I enjoyed the TriceraTop Spin. It was a great speed and the kids ended up doing it multiple times with a different mix of Pitman adults.

Cale, Grampa, and I went on the Primeval Whirl. Loaded with signs like, "The End Is Near," we had a blast on this mini-roller coaster that spun around like a tilt-a-whirl!

I guess Caleb's over his Rock'n shock! (Another family told Em it was two years before their son got over the shock of the Rock'N'Roller coaster!)

Then Dad, Mom, and I went on Disney's not-so-creatively named Dinosaur. Pretty much the same as the former "Race to Extinction" (I think that's what it was called) but this seemed rockier and louder. Definitely a fun ride. And one I'm really glad I didn't try to talk Caleb into!

The grandparents took the grandkids and Emily and I got to walk around the park a bit. With blisters on both feet, I'm doing a bit more limping than walking. We bought some cool stuff at the shops and enjoyed the "feel" of Asia. We even looked for tiger balm! (From Grandma, her feet are worse than mine.)

We came back to Old Key West seconds before another downpour!!

Looks like a quite afternoon awaits.

2 comments:

Rob said...

So, Jon Swanson is here with me in Maine. I learn that you are not here but are in WDW. Hope, Jon's daughter, is in WDW as well with her youth choir and performed at Disney...Friday night...maybe it was Thursday. Perhaps you saw them.

Too strange.

Rob said...

Oh and have fun Pitman's